The application deadline is August 31st, 2022. Once the applications are submitted our leadership team will review and discuss our top picks based on who we think will benefit the most from our community. We will announce awarded scholarships no later than September 2nd, 2022. (If this date is passed, apply anyways and we'll consider you for the next round).
This application is for a one-year scholarship to our private community. Membership gives you access to:
- A private network with serious and supportive songwriters.
- Two 100-day challenges a year. One starts in the first week of March, and the other starts in the first week of September.
- Two album challenges a year. These typically take place between the 100-day challenges to help us focus on finishing and sharing your music.
- Monthly song critiques with a Berklee professor.
- Monthly and weekly ZOOM meetings and workshops where you'll get to know fellow songwriters and sharpen your skills. Meetups are member-led.
- Five quick-start songwriting exercises and resources to get the juices flowing immediately.
- Give and receive feedback on songs in a healthy and productive way.
- Monthly open mics.
- Group collaborations and co-writing activities.
- Post audio files directly from your phone.
- Own your content.
- No ads.
- Mobile app.
- Privacy, your content is viewable by members only. We don't sell your data.
Since scholarships are limited, we ask that you only apply if you cannot pay the membership fee.
Who should apply?
We are a motivational and inspirational community that helps songwriters, composers, lyricists, and producers get into the habit of writing, sharing, and collaborating so that we all move the needle forward—finish songs, share albums and illuminate our gifts.
We are not looking for polished rock stars or the most talented or skilled songwriters. We are looking for people who want to join our community with their full selves, personality, generosity, and a desire to take their songwriting to the next level. We want people who feel a deep calling to honor their songwriting gift and are excited to participate in a supportive community.
All are welcome. It doesn't matter your race, sexual orientation, belief system, age, or experience level; you have a place here.
Once your application is submitted it will be reviewed by our leadership team.
If we award you a scholarship, we want to make sure you understand the bare minimum requirements for community participation:
- Schedule a 20-minute ZOOM chat with founder, Rigel for an orientation to the site, answer any questions, and get to know you.
- Introduce yourself to the community with an initial post, tell us a little about your story, and share any social media links and music streaming sites so we can follow you on all the platforms (if applicable).
- Make a post once a week. Share what you are working on or where you're getting stuck. It could be as simple as "I sat in front of a blank page for 20 minutes," or you could post a snippet of audio or lyric you are working on.
- Comment and "like" one or two posts whenever you log on. If everyone does it, love abounds!
We're not going to police you, but if you go radio-silent, we may request that you free up the spot for someone else. If this all sounds good, please proceed with the application!
Scholarships are available thanks to the generous donations of our current members and friends of the community. Are you interested in donating? Click here to donate.
If you have trouble submitting the form below, you can fill it out here.